RYAN Clarke and Andy Whing will miss Oxford United's pre-season after it emerged the pair need operations.
Clarke, United’s player of the season, requires surgery to correct a long-standing problem affecting a bone in one of the goalkeeper’s feet.
Whing has been suffering with a hip injury and will go under the knife tomorrow.
Both will be ruled out of pre-season, while Clarke is expected to miss the first month of the 2014/15 campaign, which begins on August 9.
- Andy Whing needs a hip operation
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League
- CRICKET: Dan White's the man for Hook Norton but rain has final say against Great Horwood
- CRICKET: Hanney book Osberton Radiators Cup semi-final place