RYAN Clarke and Andy Whing will miss Oxford United's pre-season after it emerged the pair need operations.
Clarke, United’s player of the season, requires surgery to correct a long-standing problem affecting a bone in one of the goalkeeper’s feet.
Whing has been suffering with a hip injury and will go under the knife tomorrow.
Both will be ruled out of pre-season, while Clarke is expected to miss the first month of the 2014/15 campaign, which begins on August 9.
- Andy Whing needs a hip operation
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United await decisions from Hylton and Maguire
- MOTOR RACING: Renault's Jolyon Palmer crashes out of Monaco Grand Prix
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 28-29
- CRICKET: Horspath stretch unbeaten start to four games after Shipton-under-Wychwood collapse
- CRICKET: Dain Moreton's century inspires Great & Little Tew to victory over Harefield
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory