RYAN Clarke and Andy Whing will miss Oxford United's pre-season after it emerged the pair need operations.
Clarke, United’s player of the season, requires surgery to correct a long-standing problem affecting a bone in one of the goalkeeper’s feet.
Whing has been suffering with a hip injury and will go under the knife tomorrow.
Both will be ruled out of pre-season, while Clarke is expected to miss the first month of the 2014/15 campaign, which begins on August 9.
- Andy Whing needs a hip operation
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash
- Liam Sercombe hungry to hit one last goal target for Oxford United this season
- FOOTBALL: We should hold our heads high, says Oxford City general manager Justin Merritt
- Deadline for Oxford United awards voting is today
- RUGBY UNION: Injury-hit Oxfordshire are still strong, says head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Mike Ford wants more of the same as Banbury United prepare for play-off final
- CRICKET: Captain Luke Ryan calls on Oxfordshire to step up for Unicorns Counties Trophy opener
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Les Taylor upbeat despite seeing Oxford United lose again
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL all set to take on Toulouse Olympique
- ROWING:Falcon and City of Oxford shine in Junior Inter-Regional Regatta