RYAN Clarke and Andy Whing will miss Oxford United's pre-season after it emerged the pair need operations.
Clarke, United’s player of the season, requires surgery to correct a long-standing problem affecting a bone in one of the goalkeeper’s feet.
Whing has been suffering with a hip injury and will go under the knife tomorrow.
Both will be ruled out of pre-season, while Clarke is expected to miss the first month of the 2014/15 campaign, which begins on August 9.
- Andy Whing needs a hip operation
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France
- CRICKET: Shipton fall short in run chase
- CRICKET: Banbury tie in thriller, Horspath beat champions and Great Tew suffer in the rain
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 20-21
- CRICKET: Jack Brooks celebrates maiden first-class century
- GOLF:Eddie Pepperell's in the money in Sicily
- ATHLETICS: Hannah England wins in Loughborough
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire 'over the moon' after reaching third Twickenham final
- ICE HOCKEY: Devastated Oxford City Stars forced to quit new league