OXFORD United will host Sky Bet League One champions Wolverhampton Wanderers as part of their warm-up for the new season.
The friendly against Kenny Jackett’s men, who broke the 100-point barrier on the way back to the Championship, is the first confirmed date for United’s pre-season.
Wolves will visit the Kassam Stadium on Tuesday, July 29.
The two sides last met competitively in 2000, when Wolves won a two-legged League Cup tie 3-2 on aggregate.
United have also agreed three other games, plus a behind closed doors fixture at Colchester United.
Oxford United's pre-season so far (more games to be confirmed):
- Sat, 12th: Farnborough (a) 2pm
- Tues, 15th: Oxford City (a) 7.45pm
- Thurs, 17th: Colchester United (a) - behind closed doors
- Sat, 19th: Didcot Town (a) 3pm
- Tues, 29th: Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) 7.45pm
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- From the Oxford United boardroom column: Why we issued the stadium statement now
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses cut at Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington manager Julian McCalmon backs Anaclet Odhiambo to shrug off penalty miss
- TENNIS: Chloe Elliott and Diana Mascenikova land LTA Winter County tour titles
- BADMINTON: Jamie Cackett wins bronze at Under 19 Warwick tournament
- 900 remaining tickets for Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United go on general sale