Joe White hit a century as Great & Little Tew bounced back from a disappointing opening-match defeat with a thumping 146-run victory over Oxfordshire rivals Shipton-under-Wychwood.
White shared a second-wicket partnership of 175 with Harry Smith as the visitors secured their first Home Counties Premier League Division 2 win of the season.
But for the hosts, it was a real eye-opener, with only three batsmen making double figures as they were shot out for just 94 in reply to Tew’s 240-6.
After inserting the visitors, Shipton got off to a super start when new overseas signing Anupam Sanklecha bowled Jordan Garrett for a duck.
But that was as good as it got.
Smith came to the crease with the score on seven, but when White became the next wicket to fall, the scoreboard read 182-2.
White’s century came with ten fours and three sixes before Graham Newhook took the catch off Jason Hunt’s bowling to remove the opener.
Smith was next to go, falling for 86, caught by Shaun Cross off George Seacole.
Hunt removed Curtly Slatter, but Seacole was the pick of the bowlers with 3-29 off his eight overs as Tew set a challenging total.
It proved far too tough an ask for Shipton, who started poorly and were never in the hunt.
Matt Woods ripped through the top-order, taking the wickets of Seacole, Simon Hole and Craig Wood as the home side slumped to 23-3.
They had progressed to 39-3, before Sanklecha, Tim Senior and opener Jeremy Kirby all fell without another run added to the total.
Ian Bryan’s spin removed Newhook, thanks to an Andy Harris catch, as Shipton fell to 42-7.
Cross and Charlie Brain showed some fight, Cross top-scoring with 24 before he was stumped by Smith – who also took three catches – off the bowling of Matthew Clark with the score on 86.
Hunt followed shortly afterwards, caught by Brock off Clark and, somewhat fittingly, White rounded off a superb performance with the final wicket of Shaun Miller as Tew took bragging rights, and maximum points.
Latest Sport news
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- FOOTBALL: Steve Roberts strikes twice as Heyford Athletic beat Cropredy
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory
- DARTS: Peachcroft make their class tell to sink Kings Arms in Oxford League