Eddie Pepperell, who early in his second round led by five strokes, ended up joint 24th in the Spanish Open at Catalunya yesterday.
The Frilford Heath golfer’s hopes of a first European Tour win were dashed by a nightmare seven-over par 79 in the third round on Saturday.
Pepperell returned a level-par 72 yesterday to finish on 290 and earn £12,200.
He finished six shots behind the winner, veteran Spaniard Miguel-Angel Jimenez, who beat Australian Richard Green and Belgium’s Thomas Poeters at the first hole of a sudden-death play-off.
Latest Sport news
- Joe Rothwell positive despite Oxford United's EFL Cup defeat
- AUNT SALLY: Brilliant Kevin Giles impresses with 17-doll haul as Gladiators A ease to victory
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell win double-header for pole position in OCA League Division 1 title race
- Oxford United 2 (Thomas 28, Crowley 90+4), Brighton & HA 4 (Adekugbe 2, LuaLua 76, Manu 81, Hemed 85)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Brighton?
- Oxford Utd v Brighton & HA - LIVE
- Oxford United linked with Everton midfielder Ryan Ledson
- Oxford United eye another Championship scalp as Brighton prepare to shuffle their pack
- Michael Appleton: Friendly defeat of more use to Oxford United than Brighton ahead of EFL Cup tie
- CRICKET: Witney Mills anger as ‘awful incident’ ends game