Eddie Pepperell, who early in his second round led by five strokes, ended up joint 24th in the Spanish Open at Catalunya yesterday.
The Frilford Heath golfer’s hopes of a first European Tour win were dashed by a nightmare seven-over par 79 in the third round on Saturday.
Pepperell returned a level-par 72 yesterday to finish on 290 and earn £12,200.
He finished six shots behind the winner, veteran Spaniard Miguel-Angel Jimenez, who beat Australian Richard Green and Belgium’s Thomas Poeters at the first hole of a sudden-death play-off.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four
- FOOTBALL: Cumnor Minors beat Tower Hill on penalties in Under 15 KO Cup