PUPILS from the Manor School, Abingdon, became National Schools’ Under 10 biathlon champions at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London, while their under 11 team finished runners-up.
Fourteen girls, aged from under ten to 11, joined 1,600 school athletes between nine and 18 at the British Schools’ Biathlon Championships where they had to swim 50m in the Olympic pool and run 800m on the track.
All the girls from the Manor produced personal bests in one or both disciplines.
Florence Miller maintained her individual bronze medal position, coming seventh in the swim and third in the run.
Along with Georgie Halfhead and Jasmine Stanmore, the Manor won the under ten team competition, while Martha Blomfield, Jana Cooper Marcos and Annabelle Vallance were second in the under 11 competition.
Florence said: “Swimming in the Olympic pool made me feel like an Olympian for the day.
“It was amazing and very special.”
Latest Sport news
- Update: Former Oxford United teammates make glowing tribute to 'leader' Paul McCarthy
- Chris Maguire urges Oxford United to use agonising FA Cup defeat as play-off spur
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton disappointed by soft goals conceded at Middlesbrough
- John Lundstram humbled by massive Oxford United following at Riverside Stadium
- Aitor Karanka relieved after Middlesbrough edge past Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Lee Henderson heads Oxford City to victory over Hemel Hempstead Town
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town earn draw and Kidlington win, but North Leigh and Wantage Town suffer defeats
- FOOTBALL: George Nash earns Banbury United a point, but draw hampers play-off bid
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 18-19