PUPILS from the Manor School, Abingdon, became National Schools’ Under 10 biathlon champions at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London, while their under 11 team finished runners-up.
Fourteen girls, aged from under ten to 11, joined 1,600 school athletes between nine and 18 at the British Schools’ Biathlon Championships where they had to swim 50m in the Olympic pool and run 800m on the track.
All the girls from the Manor produced personal bests in one or both disciplines.
Florence Miller maintained her individual bronze medal position, coming seventh in the swim and third in the run.
Along with Georgie Halfhead and Jasmine Stanmore, the Manor won the under ten team competition, while Martha Blomfield, Jana Cooper Marcos and Annabelle Vallance were second in the under 11 competition.
Florence said: “Swimming in the Olympic pool made me feel like an Olympian for the day.
“It was amazing and very special.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face trip to Championship strugglers if they win FA Cup replay
- Back injury rules Joe Skarz out of Oxford United's game at Southend United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Michael Appleton hoping plum draw in FA Cup will give Oxford United added incentive
- ATHLETICS: Organisers cancel third round of Oxford Mail Cross Country League
- WEEKEND RESULTS December 3-4
- FOOTBALL: Matt Sysum's goal earns victory for North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Callum White’s fluke goal seals last-gasp win for Banbury United
- FOOTBALL: James Roberts breaks his duck as Oxford City slip to home defeat
- FOOTBALL: Supersub Lewis Coyle hits stunning four-timer for Kidlington