PUPILS from the Manor School, Abingdon, became National Schools’ Under 10 biathlon champions at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London, while their under 11 team finished runners-up.
Fourteen girls, aged from under ten to 11, joined 1,600 school athletes between nine and 18 at the British Schools’ Biathlon Championships where they had to swim 50m in the Olympic pool and run 800m on the track.
All the girls from the Manor produced personal bests in one or both disciplines.
Florence Miller maintained her individual bronze medal position, coming seventh in the swim and third in the run.
Along with Georgie Halfhead and Jasmine Stanmore, the Manor won the under ten team competition, while Martha Blomfield, Jana Cooper Marcos and Annabelle Vallance were second in the under 11 competition.
Florence said: “Swimming in the Olympic pool made me feel like an Olympian for the day.
“It was amazing and very special.”
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Charlton boss Russell Slade unhappy with side over Oxford United equaliser
- MOTOR SPORT: Bradley Smith makes speedy recovery to line up in Japan
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)