PUPILS from the Manor School, Abingdon, became National Schools’ Under 10 biathlon champions at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London, while their under 11 team finished runners-up.
Fourteen girls, aged from under ten to 11, joined 1,600 school athletes between nine and 18 at the British Schools’ Biathlon Championships where they had to swim 50m in the Olympic pool and run 800m on the track.
All the girls from the Manor produced personal bests in one or both disciplines.
Florence Miller maintained her individual bronze medal position, coming seventh in the swim and third in the run.
Along with Georgie Halfhead and Jasmine Stanmore, the Manor won the under ten team competition, while Martha Blomfield, Jana Cooper Marcos and Annabelle Vallance were second in the under 11 competition.
Florence said: “Swimming in the Olympic pool made me feel like an Olympian for the day.
“It was amazing and very special.”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities