PUPILS from the Manor School, Abingdon, became National Schools’ Under 10 biathlon champions at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London, while their under 11 team finished runners-up.
Fourteen girls, aged from under ten to 11, joined 1,600 school athletes between nine and 18 at the British Schools’ Biathlon Championships where they had to swim 50m in the Olympic pool and run 800m on the track.
All the girls from the Manor produced personal bests in one or both disciplines.
Florence Miller maintained her individual bronze medal position, coming seventh in the swim and third in the run.
Along with Georgie Halfhead and Jasmine Stanmore, the Manor won the under ten team competition, while Martha Blomfield, Jana Cooper Marcos and Annabelle Vallance were second in the under 11 competition.
Florence said: “Swimming in the Olympic pool made me feel like an Olympian for the day.
“It was amazing and very special.”
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory