WINDRUSH Valley’s Nathan Hall was crowned Home Counties junior champion for the second successive year.
Hall, 14, who moved up to the 54-57kg weight category, saw off Reading’s Callum Duckett at Aylesbury with a display of disciplined boxing and well-judged long-range shots to take the win on a unanimous decision.
He now faces Gloucester’s Brad Ingram at Woodgreen Leisure Centre, Banbury, in the pre-quarter finals of the England Boxing Junior Championships tomorrow.
Berinsfield’s Michael McDonagh takes on Anton Esson (Baker Street) in the 44-46kg class, while Wezley Bone (Blackbird Leys) boxes Owen Penny (Shepton Mallet) in a 63-66kg contest.
Victory would see them go through to the quarter-finals on May 25 at Swindon.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities