WINDRUSH Valley’s Nathan Hall was crowned Home Counties junior champion for the second successive year.
Hall, 14, who moved up to the 54-57kg weight category, saw off Reading’s Callum Duckett at Aylesbury with a display of disciplined boxing and well-judged long-range shots to take the win on a unanimous decision.
He now faces Gloucester’s Brad Ingram at Woodgreen Leisure Centre, Banbury, in the pre-quarter finals of the England Boxing Junior Championships tomorrow.
Berinsfield’s Michael McDonagh takes on Anton Esson (Baker Street) in the 44-46kg class, while Wezley Bone (Blackbird Leys) boxes Owen Penny (Shepton Mallet) in a 63-66kg contest.
Victory would see them go through to the quarter-finals on May 25 at Swindon.
Latest Sport news
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s ladies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup