Oxford women made a flying start to life in the restructed ECB Midlands League with a four-wicket win over Astwood Bank (Redditch) at Roman Way.
Charley (4-7) and Ellie Noble (3-4) sent the visitors crashing to 65 all out in the Division 2 clash, with only opener Clare Boycott (37) making any impression.
Oxford were reduced to 31-5 as Boycott (3-10) shone again, but a stand between Emily Day and Riannon Brown rescued the cause.
In the same division, Ellie Norton took 4-9 in Charlbury’s five-wicket win over Birmingham side Four Oaks Saints.
Four Oaks Saints 96 (E Norton 4-9), Charlbury 97-5 (A Flory 31no, R Todd 31).
Astwood Bank 65 (C Boycott 37, C Noble 4-7, E Noble 3-4), Oxford 66-6 (C Boycott 3-10).
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Oxford United will monitor rivals' scores in final day showdown
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out
- CRICKET: No knee-jerk reactions for Oxfordshire, says captain Luke Ryan