Oxford women made a flying start to life in the restructed ECB Midlands League with a four-wicket win over Astwood Bank (Redditch) at Roman Way.
Charley (4-7) and Ellie Noble (3-4) sent the visitors crashing to 65 all out in the Division 2 clash, with only opener Clare Boycott (37) making any impression.
Oxford were reduced to 31-5 as Boycott (3-10) shone again, but a stand between Emily Day and Riannon Brown rescued the cause.
In the same division, Ellie Norton took 4-9 in Charlbury’s five-wicket win over Birmingham side Four Oaks Saints.
Four Oaks Saints 96 (E Norton 4-9), Charlbury 97-5 (A Flory 31no, R Todd 31).
Astwood Bank 65 (C Boycott 37, C Noble 4-7, E Noble 3-4), Oxford 66-6 (C Boycott 3-10).
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years
- ANGLING: Champions Drennan win again thanks to the Hobbs
- Patient Joe Rothwell hoping first Oxford United start left a lasting impression
- Chris Maguire surprised to become viral star with Oxford United goal celebration
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United to believe they belong at Bramall Lane
- Chris Wilder: No place for Sheffield United to hide in "massive" game with Oxford United