Oxford women made a flying start to life in the restructed ECB Midlands League with a four-wicket win over Astwood Bank (Redditch) at Roman Way.
Charley (4-7) and Ellie Noble (3-4) sent the visitors crashing to 65 all out in the Division 2 clash, with only opener Clare Boycott (37) making any impression.
Oxford were reduced to 31-5 as Boycott (3-10) shone again, but a stand between Emily Day and Riannon Brown rescued the cause.
In the same division, Ellie Norton took 4-9 in Charlbury’s five-wicket win over Birmingham side Four Oaks Saints.
Four Oaks Saints 96 (E Norton 4-9), Charlbury 97-5 (A Flory 31no, R Todd 31).
Astwood Bank 65 (C Boycott 37, C Noble 4-7, E Noble 3-4), Oxford 66-6 (C Boycott 3-10).
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships
- MOTORSPORT: Dave Messenger lands double podium at Castle Combe