Oxford women made a flying start to life in the restructed ECB Midlands League with a four-wicket win over Astwood Bank (Redditch) at Roman Way.
Charley (4-7) and Ellie Noble (3-4) sent the visitors crashing to 65 all out in the Division 2 clash, with only opener Clare Boycott (37) making any impression.
Oxford were reduced to 31-5 as Boycott (3-10) shone again, but a stand between Emily Day and Riannon Brown rescued the cause.
In the same division, Ellie Norton took 4-9 in Charlbury’s five-wicket win over Birmingham side Four Oaks Saints.
Four Oaks Saints 96 (E Norton 4-9), Charlbury 97-5 (A Flory 31no, R Todd 31).
Astwood Bank 65 (C Boycott 37, C Noble 4-7, E Noble 3-4), Oxford 66-6 (C Boycott 3-10).
Latest Sport news
- The derby games are great but it's not my problem, says Michael Appleton on Swindon Town's relegation
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Quickfire Oxford United striker Conor McAleny delighted at Millwall victory
- Oxford United midfielder Josh Ruffels revels in week to remember
- Michael Appleton hails Oxford United's 'outstanding' display in victory over Millwall
- FOOTBALL: Jefferson Louis fires in-form Oxford City to third straight victory
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town and North Leigh enjoy final-day victories, but Banbury United, Wantage Town and Kidlington are beaten
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire hold on to win thriller against Cornwall
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith finishes just outside the points in Austin MotoGP
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 22-23