DARRYL Woods hit a half-century on his debut as Oxfordshire opened their ECB 50+ Championship Group 4 campaign with a 65-run victory over Staffordshire at Banbury Twenty.
Woods made 59 off 114 balls, with three fours, in Oxon’s 171-6 off 45 overs after they were put in to bat.
Paul Hemmings, also in his first game, injected some late impetus into the innings with a breezy 31.
Oxfordshire then asserted a stranglehold on the Staffordshire reply, with the visitors bowled out for 106.
Kevin Taylor took 3-19 on his debut, while Steve Roberts returned remarkable figures of 9-7-5-2 and Mike Thomas picked up 2-17.
Oxon’s fourth debutant, Neil Megson, chipped in with three stumpings, while Nick Moorman claimed two smart catches.
Next up for Oxfordshire are Herefordshire at Challow & Childrey on Wednesday.
Latest Sport news
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame
- SWIMMING: Ayanna Fulga stars as City of Oxford impress in Cardiff