DARRYL Woods hit a half-century on his debut as Oxfordshire opened their ECB 50+ Championship Group 4 campaign with a 65-run victory over Staffordshire at Banbury Twenty.
Woods made 59 off 114 balls, with three fours, in Oxon’s 171-6 off 45 overs after they were put in to bat.
Paul Hemmings, also in his first game, injected some late impetus into the innings with a breezy 31.
Oxfordshire then asserted a stranglehold on the Staffordshire reply, with the visitors bowled out for 106.
Kevin Taylor took 3-19 on his debut, while Steve Roberts returned remarkable figures of 9-7-5-2 and Mike Thomas picked up 2-17.
Oxon’s fourth debutant, Neil Megson, chipped in with three stumpings, while Nick Moorman claimed two smart catches.
Next up for Oxfordshire are Herefordshire at Challow & Childrey on Wednesday.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start