Whing's second operation no concern for Oxford United

8:50am Friday 17th January 2014

By David Pritchard

ANDY Whing is still on course for a return to full training in February despite needing another groin operation earlier this month.

The midfielder has been on the sidelines since tearing a groin in the 3-1 win at Mansfield Town in November.

It required surgery to correct the problem, but Whing needed to go under the knife again recently.

United’s manager Chris Wilder made it clear the procedure was only minor and should not delay the 29-year-old’s return.

“He just needed to have a little clean-out because the surgeons and the medical staff weren’t happy with the way it was healing,” Wilder said.

“Sometimes it just needs a little clean-up by re-opening the wound and away you go. But I’ve been told it won’t affect his progression.

“I think it will be late February for Jon (Meades) and Whingy.”

Back

© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group

Oxford Mail: site_logo http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk

Click 2 Find Business Directory http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/trade_directory/