FORKED lightning and rumbling thunder rolled across the Oxfordshire sky this morning as the muggy weather created a spectacular storm.
- The first five images are from our old friend Mary Spicer at Tackley at about 2.30am
The bangs and flashes woke many as the storm moved across the county between 2am and 4am.
The dramatic weather hit as the county swelters through an incredible heat wave. Temperatures today are expected to hit highs of 28C, with weather stations already reporting 19C just before 8am.
Oxfordshire can expect to bathe in sunshine for the rest of today, but rain is forecast at around 10pm.
- Here's a 10-minute video from Mark Jones - liking the soundtrack too
- Daniel Theobold sent these two in from Abingdon
- And Karen Modo-Hogg sent in this shot
- Peter Silver from Fringford took this picture at around 3am this morning
- Sarah Foulks sent in this shot, from West Oxfordshire, we believe
- Craig Cowley sent these two pictures in
Lorraine O'Callaghan from Milton Heights sent us this montage of the lightning strikes
- Andy Smith took this picture at Cogges in Witney at 2am
- Did you get any pictures of the lightning where you were? Send us your shots at email@example.com or Tweet them to @TheOxfordMail.
Our top stories
9:00am Monday 24th November 2014
PLANS to widen the A34 in both directions through Oxfordshire would cost at least £800 million, a new report has revealed.
12:44pm Monday 24th November 2014
THE A44 is closed following an incident between Spring Hill Road and Sandy Lane/ Rutten Lane between Yarnton and Begbroke.
3:55pm Monday 24th November 2014
A MOTORIST accused of killing 14-year-old Liberty Baker as she walked to school appeared in court today.
3:25pm Monday 24th November 2014
A SEVERE fog warning has been put in place for Oxfordshire overnight and into tomorrow morning.
12:00pm Monday 24th November 2014
Want to explore our interactive front page? Here it is...