OXFORD is set to enjoy soaring temperatures today as temperatures are predicted to hit 29C.
Anthropologist Konstantina Isidoros will be one of many out soaking up the sunshine, after relaxing by the river yesterday at Oxford University Parks.
She said: “It’s lovely, I am absolutely enjoying it.
“I wanted the idyllic setting along the river with the dragonflies, a tranquil place for deep thoughts.”
The Met Office said there is a 60 per cent probability of a heatwave across Oxfordshire between 8am today and 8am on Sunday, with a very humid night likely tonight.
South Central Ambulance Service warned people to avoid long periods in the sun from 11am to 3pm. It also advised people to wear a hat, use suncream and drink at least two litres of water a day, avoiding alcohol and caffeine.
Those with medical conditions should take extra care and children and pets should not be left in vehicles, it said.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech