A man was stabbed in Cowley Road last night in what police believe could have been a planned attack.
The 25-year-old man was in the Simpli Fresh store at about 9.10pm when he was called outside and attacked by a man.
The attacker ran off when another man stepped in and the victim then realised he had been hurt.
Thames Valley Police said the victim was taken to hospital with a suspected stab wound, but said it was not thought to be life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and police are appealing for information.
Investigating officer Det Insp John Turner, from Oxford Force CID, said: “We believe the victim was known to the offender and this may have been a targeted attack.
“Officers are conducting enquiries today and remain in the area to reassure members of the community. If anyone has any concerns or questions, please feel free to approach officers.
“I am appealing for witnesses who saw the incident to come forward to ensure we find the offender and bring him to justice. Violence like this will not be tolerated in our community.”
It comes after a man in his 20s was stabbed off Cowley Road on Sunday evening after the Cowley Road Carnival.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation