A peacemaker who tried to stop a nightclub fight received stitches after he was punched in the face.
The 20-year-old was attacked when he tried to stop two men arguing on the dancefloor of Lava Ignite, in Park End Street, Oxford, on Saturday between 1.45am and 2.15am.
The victim suffered a deep cut to his left cheek and was treated at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital.
Police describe the attacker as a slim white man about 6ft tall, with brown hair. He wore a white T-shirt and jeans.
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community