A peacemaker who tried to stop a nightclub fight received stitches after he was punched in the face.
The 20-year-old was attacked when he tried to stop two men arguing on the dancefloor of Lava Ignite, in Park End Street, Oxford, on Saturday between 1.45am and 2.15am.
The victim suffered a deep cut to his left cheek and was treated at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital.
Police describe the attacker as a slim white man about 6ft tall, with brown hair. He wore a white T-shirt and jeans.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year