The county is the top area in the country for community activism, a report shows.
The report by Co-operatives UK has analysed how many ‘local run’ enterprises – such as where people buy and run community businesses – there are in the country.
In Oxfordshire, 9,000 people have invested in 10 community share schemes, raising £5m in total.
It includes schemes such as Cultivate Oxfordshire and the Osney Hydro Lock Scheme.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year