The county is the top area in the country for community activism, a report shows.
The report by Co-operatives UK has analysed how many ‘local run’ enterprises – such as where people buy and run community businesses – there are in the country.
In Oxfordshire, 9,000 people have invested in 10 community share schemes, raising £5m in total.
It includes schemes such as Cultivate Oxfordshire and the Osney Hydro Lock Scheme.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community