The county is the top area in the country for community activism, a report shows.
The report by Co-operatives UK has analysed how many ‘local run’ enterprises – such as where people buy and run community businesses – there are in the country.
In Oxfordshire, 9,000 people have invested in 10 community share schemes, raising £5m in total.
It includes schemes such as Cultivate Oxfordshire and the Osney Hydro Lock Scheme.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes