The county is the top area in the country for community activism, a report shows.
The report by Co-operatives UK has analysed how many ‘local run’ enterprises – such as where people buy and run community businesses – there are in the country.
In Oxfordshire, 9,000 people have invested in 10 community share schemes, raising £5m in total.
It includes schemes such as Cultivate Oxfordshire and the Osney Hydro Lock Scheme.
- Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay