A SEVERE weather warning has this morning been issued as heavy rain is expected to hit Oxfordshire tomorrow and again on Saturday.
The Met Office issued the warning as heavy and thundery showers are due to come to the south east between 4am on Friday and 9pm on Saturday.
Some areas could see between 15-20 mm of rain in an hour or less and perhaps 40mm in 2 or 3 hours. There could also be hail and lightning.
The warning states: “The public should be aware that the resulting downpours may lead to localised flooding and potential disruption to transport and outdoor events.”
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website