A sliproad has opened on the A40 following a bus fire, but there are still heavy delays.
Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue service was called to the Oxford-bound carriageway just before the Thornhill Park and Ride at 3.56pm.
The fire on the bus was put out and nobody was injured.
The slip road from Wheatley on to the A40 has now reopened following the earlier fire.
The M40 slip road is still closed according to traffic reports.
Oxford Bus Company has said its services to London and its airports will divert via Watlington while its U1 service will be unable to serve Wheatley and will terminate at the Green Road roundabout.
- Video from reader Luke Hnat
- Video from Tiago Lucas
An Oxford Bus Company spokesman said; “One of our U1 Brookes Bus services from Wheatley was approaching the Green Road roundabout when the driver noticed smoke coming from the rear of the vehicle.
“He immediately pulled up and got all the passers off safely before the bus burst into flames. The fire brigade was called to put out the fire.
“As soon as the vehicle is taken to our depot an inquiry will be held to find out what happened.”
All our Airline and X90 services will divert via Watlington Oxford bound.— Oxford Bus Company (@OxfordBusCo) June 6, 2014
The Southern Bypass has also seen huge tailbacks due to roadworks.
Drivers are also queuing on the M40 after an accident blocked off one lane.
The accident happened on the northbound side between Bicester and Cherwell Valley Services.
Thames Valley Police has said it was not called to the incident.
- Updates will be posted automatically on our Live Traffic Service.
- Our top stories:
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK