OXFORDSHIRE Young Farmers have their tractors at the ready for their annual rally and county show this weekend.
But working in the fields is tough work, so luckily help will be at hand at this year’s event.
Scrummy cakes and cups of tea will be sold to raise funds for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
And Post Office counter clerk Sarah Darnell, who will help man the stalls, couldn’t wait to show the baked goods on offer.
She joined farmers at Ditchley Park ahead of the event on Sunday.
The 54-year-old, from Charlbury, said: “This is the first time we’ve done it for the Teenage Cancer Trust. Most people like a cup of tea and a piece of cake.”
The rally at Ditchley Park will show off farmers at their finest, busy shearing sheep and taking part in a tug of war. There will alos be a display of vintage tractors.
It runs from 10am to 5pm and is £5 to enter, but free for under-16s.
Teas will be on sale from 2pm and the organisers are asking people to bake cakes to be donated for sale.
Anyone who can help should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah on 01608 811274.
Visitors to the event should use the entrance to Ditchley Park off the A44 at Kiddington crossroads, between Woodstock and Enstone.
- Top News
Our top stories:
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot