DOZENS of people have signed up in two days to quiz Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg in Oxford on Tuesday.
The Oxford Mail is hosting a special meeting that will allow our readers to put their questions direct to the Liberal Democrat leader two days before the council and European parliament elections.
The event is free to attend and will be held at a city centre location from 12.30pm.
You have to apply for a place but anyone of any political persuasion will be welcome to attend. The only vetting will be for security purposes, not political.
A Liberal Democrat spokesman said last night: “Nick is really looking forward to coming to Oxford and answering your questions directly. We are delighted to have had dozens of applications in just the first two days. Space will be limited so we would urge you to apply to be part of the audience as soon as possible.”
Oxford Mail editor Simon O’Neill added: “This will not be some Liberal Democrat rally and we’re expecting Mr Clegg to get some challenging questions from our audience.”
The closing date for applications is Sunday at 6pm.
Audience members will be informed on Monday of the location once they have been accepted. You will need to produce photo ID to get in.
Apply for a place at Nick Clegg Meets Oxford at libdems.org.uk/nick_clegg_ meets_oxford
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her