Police issued penalties to motorists using their mobile phones behind the wheel on Botley Road yesterday, in checks undertaken from 8am to 10am.
Thames Valley roads policing officers gave 20 drivers the option of a £100 fine and three penalty points, or attending road safety courses as an alternative.
An additional 13 passengers not wearing seatbelts were given the option of a £100 fine or a road safety course.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street