Police issued penalties to motorists using their mobile phones behind the wheel on Botley Road yesterday, in checks undertaken from 8am to 10am.
Thames Valley roads policing officers gave 20 drivers the option of a £100 fine and three penalty points, or attending road safety courses as an alternative.
An additional 13 passengers not wearing seatbelts were given the option of a £100 fine or a road safety course.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay