AN Oxford health visitor is facing misconduct allegations regarding a patient including “regular telephone calls” and contact on Facebook.
Angela Highton will be the subject of a Nursing and Midwifery Council conduct and competence hearing next Friday regarding her conduct towards ‘Client A’.
The Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust worker is alleged to have “breached professional boundaries” from February 2009 to November 2012.
She is alleged to have visited their home “on a weekly basis” after conducting six weekly maternal mental health assessments up until February 2012.
It is alleged she exchanged text messages.
The other allegations to be put at the London hearing are that she “made regular telephone calls” without a “clinical need to do so”.
From September 2011 to May 2012 it is said she “disclosed personal information about yourself in messages to Client A on Facebook”.
It is said she also allowed the patient’s husband to repair her vehicle for £50 and a tin of chocolates.
The health visitor is also accused of telling them that a person the patient knew attempted suicide, and another who took their own life was under trust care.
The council will look at further allegations that she failed to provide an adequate health visiting service to “Child A” from February 2009 to February 2012.
It is alleged she did not conduct or ensure an eight-month and two-and-a-half-year review was completed for the child, show “adequate record-keeping skills” and complete a record of contacts and care for the two patients.
The trust declined to comment.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes