Overheating coffee machine causes cafe fire

Overheating coffee machine causes cafe fire

Overheating coffee machine causes cafe fire

First published in News

FIRE crews called to smoke coming from The Wallingford Tea and Coffee Co Ltd in St Martins Street found an overheating coffee roaster. 

They were called by residents living above the cafe at about 8.20pm yesterday and went in wearing breathing apparatus. 

A spokesman said they found an overheating coffee roaster in the back of the shop giving out large amounts of smoke. 

Watch Manager Dan Reed said: "On arrival we were faced with smoke logging to the rear of the premises and were unsure as to what may have been on fire; fortunately, the vigilance of the upstairs residents prevented the possibility of a much larger fire."

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree