A VICAR from South Oxford thought she spotted a sign from God in her bathroom – but her Facebook friends remain unconvinced.
Rev Jane Sherwood of St Luke’s Church, was taking a bath when she asked God to speak to her. She looked up and thought she could see the face of Jesus in a bathroom tile.
On Saturday, the vicar posted the image on her Facebook page, saying: “Asked God to speak to me then saw this picture of Jesus in the bathroom tile. #going slightly crazy.”
But others struggled to see the ‘Son of God’ in the mosaic tile from Homebase. Di Newberry posted on the social media site: “I don’t see Jesus – I see a bread and butter pudding.”
And Francesca Clifton added: “Can sort of see a person’s face if I slant my phone screen sideways, take off my glasses and squint my eyes.”
Rev Sherwood, 51, who lives with husband Jem, 48, son Sam, 17, and Sophia, 13, said she did not mind the comments. The vicar added: “It wasn’t meant to be that serious – it could make a very good sermon. God is already talking to you and you have to recognise it.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit