Abingdon Road has reopened after a pedestrian collided with a car.
The incident happened in Lake Street at about 1pm and a woman is believed to have been taken to hospital with serious injuries.
Thames Valley Police spokeswoman Connie Primmer said a blue Renault Clio was involved in the incident.
South Central Ambulance Service said it was called to Lake Street off Abingdon Road at about 1pm and medics were currently treating a woman.
The woman is believed to have suffered pelvic and leg injuries.
Oxford Bus Company diverted services via Donnington Bridge and Iffley Road.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed. Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech