Abingdon Road has reopened after a pedestrian collided with a car.
The incident happened in Lake Street at about 1pm and a woman is believed to have been taken to hospital with serious injuries.
Thames Valley Police spokeswoman Connie Primmer said a blue Renault Clio was involved in the incident.
South Central Ambulance Service said it was called to Lake Street off Abingdon Road at about 1pm and medics were currently treating a woman.
The woman is believed to have suffered pelvic and leg injuries.
Oxford Bus Company diverted services via Donnington Bridge and Iffley Road.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed. Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community