Abingdon Road has reopened after a pedestrian collided with a car.
The incident happened in Lake Street at about 1pm and a woman is believed to have been taken to hospital with serious injuries.
Thames Valley Police spokeswoman Connie Primmer said a blue Renault Clio was involved in the incident.
South Central Ambulance Service said it was called to Lake Street off Abingdon Road at about 1pm and medics were currently treating a woman.
The woman is believed to have suffered pelvic and leg injuries.
Oxford Bus Company diverted services via Donnington Bridge and Iffley Road.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed. Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year