Connor Tremble's mother read a statement on behalf of her family and a poem dedicated to her murdered son.
Lisa Tremble said how they would never share another birthday or Christmas again but had finally got justice for her son.
She was speaking after Will Blencowe was found guilty of murdering 17-year-old Connor after fatally stabbing him at a house in Fairacres Road, Oxford, on February 13.
DCI Mark Glover also spoke of the conviction.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year