Connor Tremble's mother read a statement on behalf of her family and a poem dedicated to her murdered son.
Lisa Tremble said how they would never share another birthday or Christmas again but had finally got justice for her son.
She was speaking after Will Blencowe was found guilty of murdering 17-year-old Connor after fatally stabbing him at a house in Fairacres Road, Oxford, on February 13.
DCI Mark Glover also spoke of the conviction.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay