A man arrested in connection with an alleged aggravated burglary at a Tesco Express store in Witney has been released on bail until next Thursday.
The 22-year-old man was arrested on Sunday following the incident at the Tesco Express in Cogges Hill Road on Saturday.
A spokeswoman for Thames Valley Police said officers were called to the store at about 7.15pm after two men threatened staff and made off with cash.
It is believed they stole £750 in cash and Lottery tickets worth £650 from a till.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes