Stacey Daniels, 33, of Wessex Road, Didcot, admitted stealing £50 worth of meat and other items from the BP Garage at Milton Heights on June 4 and £45 worth of alcohol from Didcot Co-op on July 14. He also admitted stealing £45 worth of alcohol from Broadway Service Station, in Wantage Road, Didcot, on July 28, four cans of Special Brew worth £8.49 from Broadway Service Station on July 23 and meat of unknown value from the same shop on August 11. He was given a community order requiring drug rehabilitation and told to pay £60 compensation.
James Gomersall, 22, of Banbury Road, Oxford, admitted theft by an employee after stealing £6,710 in cash from the Dew Drop Inn, at 258 Banbury Road, Oxford, between July 1 and July 17. He was ordered to carry out 250 hours of unpaid work and pay a £60 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
Colin White, 44, of Luther Street, Oxford, admitted stealing two bottles of vodka, worth £34, from Sainsbury’s, in Oxford, on July 26. He was fined £75 and ordered to pay £34 compensation and a £20 victims’ surcharge.
David Baron, 24, of Pottery Piece, Oxford, admitted possessing 26.34g of cannabis, a class B drug, in Sandford Lane, Kennington on May 23 and supplying a person an unknown quantity of cannabis on or before that date. He was told to do 250 hours of unpaid work, fined £250 and told to pay a £60 victims’ surcharge.
Antony Begley, 27, of Clematis Place, Abingdon, was convicted of assaulting PC Jones in the execution of his duty in Wantage Market Place on March 29. He admitted committing a further offence while subject to a suspended sentence for assault by beating given by Oxford Magistrates’ Court on July 25. A three-month curfew was imposed from 9pm to 4.30am on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and he was told to pay £250 compensation, a £60 victims’ surcharge and £960 costs. He was fined £50.
Jose Rodrigues, 28, of Headley Way, Oxford, admitted stealing £501.75 from Carpenter Catering Ltd, in Jubilee House, John Smith Drive, Oxford, between May 1 and June 11. He was fined £85 and told to pay £50 compensation and a £20 victims’ surcharge.
Stuart Nicholson, 37, of Nursery Close, Botley, admitted stealing a bottle of vodka worth £10 from the Co-op, in Botley, on August 17, stealing a £10 bottle of vodka from the store on August 16, and stealing alcohol worth £8.60 from the Co-op, in Cowley Road, Oxford, on August 21. He was fined £150 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge.
Angela Birch, 40, of Luther Street, Oxford, admitted stealing an ice cream cake slice worth £3.50 from George and Danver's, in Oxford, on February 16. She was fined £25 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge.
James Lewis, 23, of Emperor Gardens, Greater Leys, Oxford, admitted failing to surrender to the custody of Oxford Magistrates’ Court on August 21. He was fined £50 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge.
Rhia Gaskell, 19, of Underhill Circus, Barton, in Oxford, admitted causing racially or religiously aggravated criminal damage worth £550 to a taxi door and racially or religiously aggravated common assault in Oxford on July 12. A three-month curfew was imposed and he was told to repay £50 and to pay a £60 victims’ surcharge.
Andrew Cox, 50, of Spring Hill Road, Begbroke, near Kidlington, admitted drink-driving in Horseman Close, Marston, in Oxford, on August 8. He had 54 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath, above the legal limit of 35 micrograms. He was given a 12-month driving ban, fined £300 and told to pay a £30 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
12. Robert Jones, 36, of Beckdale Close, Bicester, was convicted of speeding at 76mph in a 50mph zone on the M40 at Great Milton on December 6. He was fined £400 and told to pay a £40 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. He received a seven-day driving ban.
13. Patrick Tackley, 44, of Blenheim Drive, Witney, admitted assault by beating in Burwell Drive, Witney on October 19. He was given a six-month conditional discharge and told to pay a £15 victims’ surcharge and £250 costs.
14. Caroline Bolton, 55, of Perrys Road, Stanford-in-the-Vale, admitted shoplifting items worth £31.54 from BP Service Station on the A4130 link road in Milton Heights on July 8. A nine-month supervision order was made and she was told to repay £31.54, a £60 victims’ surcharge and £10 costs.
15. Jason Fuller, 43, of Fulwell Close, Banbury, admitted stealing four cans of Stella Artois lager worth £5 from Tesco Express, in Middleton Road, Banbury, on July 22. He was given a six-month conditional discharge and told to pay a £15 victims’ surcharge and £40 costs.
16. Paul Wyeth, 33, of Shackleton Close, Bicester, admitted shoplifting a bottle of alcohol worth £19 from Midcounties Co-op, in Kidlington, on June 24. He was fined £60 and told to repay £19, a £20 victims’ surcharge and £40 costs.
17. Matthew Goves, 43, of Briary Way, Carterton, admitted assault by beating in Curbridge Road, Witney on May 13. A restraining order was made and he was fined £100 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £200 costs.
18. Steve Jackson, 29, of Broughton Road, Banbury, admitted assault by beating in Banbury on June 14 and June 17, as well as criminal damage to a television and two plates and putting a hole through a wall in Goodwood Close, Chesterton on March 2. He was also convicted of a beating in Goodwood Close, Chesterton on March 2 and jailed for four months. Restraining orders were made and he was told to pay £650 in compensation.
19. Stephen Carter, 56, of Field Close, Kidlington, admitted failing to provide a breath specimen for analysis in Banbury on July 27. He was fined £400 and told to pay a £40 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. He was banned from driving for 24 months.
20. Leeanne Dilleyston, 31, of Pontefract Road, Bicester, admitted arson after damaging curtains and other property worth £800 belonging to Bromford Social Housing on June 5. She was given a 12-week prison sentence suspended for 12 months and told to pay an £80 victims’ surcharge.
8:30am Monday 6th July 2015
SISTER Frances Dominica has yet to rule out returning to the hospices she founded despite being asked to leave following historical sexual abuse allegations, her lawyer has said.
5:44pm Monday 6th July 2015
AN OXFORD man is wanted by police on suspicion of breaching the terms of his release.
4:19pm Monday 6th July 2015
A THIRD A400M Atlas aircraft landed at RAF Brize Norton last night after being delivered from an assembly plant in Seville, Spain.
3:49pm Monday 6th July 2015
A WOMAN accused of trying to murder an elderly hospital patient has been granted bail until she stands trial in October.
3:04pm Monday 6th July 2015
RAIL services have returned to normal between Oxford and London Paddington.
1:35pm Monday 6th July 2015
MOTORISTS are facing delays after a bus crashed into a scaffolding in Thame this afternoon.