ABOUT 200 tonnes of hay were burned in an arson attack near Wantage.
Police are now investigating whether yesterday’s 4am haystack fire in Copperage Road near Farnborough, is linked to two arson attacks, noe in Newbury and one in Hungerford also this month.
Investigating officer Det Con Bethany French, from Newbury CID, said: "We are making enquiries to establish the circumstances around all of these incidents.
"We are looking at all possible lines of enquiry and it is too early to say for certain if these fires are linked, but what is clear is that the arsons are all similar.
"I would urge residents in rural communities to be vigilant, to watch out for suspicious vehicles or people, and to report anything unusual to us via the 101 enquiry line.
"I would also advise farmers to stack hay in smaller piles if possible, to avoid a fire spreading to a large pile of hay."
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes