Oxfordshire County Council will consider an appeal against a decision made under its home-to-school transport next week.
The county council recently changed its policy to stop funding free transport for children from September 2015 unless they go to their nearest school. The move could save up to £2m.
However, the appeal relates to its existing policy, which provides free transport to a child’s catchment school.
A decision on the issue will be made by the appeals and tribunals sub-committee.
The meeting, at County Hall on Monday, will be held in private.
Details of the appeal have not been released.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay