THEY are more familiar with a different type of sail, but these pirates still have plenty to go “yo ho ho” about.
Staff and customers at the Cowley Road branch of Tesco Metro recently took off their landlubbers clothing and dressed up as pirates.
The supermarket organised the event on Friday and raised £300 for Diabetes UK.
Nine-year-old Ella Grace Odell, who lives in Wolvercote, took advantage of the occasion to show off her parrot.
The Wolvercote Primary School pupil said: “I thought it was fun and it was really good because they were raising money for charity.”
There are currently 3.8m people in the UK with diabetes, and 630,000 who have type two diabetes. Diabetes UK campaigns on their behalf and raises money for research.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year