THEY are more familiar with a different type of sail, but these pirates still have plenty to go “yo ho ho” about.
Staff and customers at the Cowley Road branch of Tesco Metro recently took off their landlubbers clothing and dressed up as pirates.
The supermarket organised the event on Friday and raised £300 for Diabetes UK.
Nine-year-old Ella Grace Odell, who lives in Wolvercote, took advantage of the occasion to show off her parrot.
The Wolvercote Primary School pupil said: “I thought it was fun and it was really good because they were raising money for charity.”
There are currently 3.8m people in the UK with diabetes, and 630,000 who have type two diabetes. Diabetes UK campaigns on their behalf and raises money for research.
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay