THEY are more familiar with a different type of sail, but these pirates still have plenty to go “yo ho ho” about.
Staff and customers at the Cowley Road branch of Tesco Metro recently took off their landlubbers clothing and dressed up as pirates.
The supermarket organised the event on Friday and raised £300 for Diabetes UK.
Nine-year-old Ella Grace Odell, who lives in Wolvercote, took advantage of the occasion to show off her parrot.
The Wolvercote Primary School pupil said: “I thought it was fun and it was really good because they were raising money for charity.”
There are currently 3.8m people in the UK with diabetes, and 630,000 who have type two diabetes. Diabetes UK campaigns on their behalf and raises money for research.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech