WORK is being carried out along the A34 in southern Oxfordshire over the course of this week.
The Highways Agency will be repainting the road markings and carrying out general maintenance on the drains on the dual carriageway. It means some lanes and slip roads will be closed during the night while the work is carried out.
Work on repainting road markings started yesterday with the closure of the West Ilsley southbound entry slip and a lane closure on the main northbound carriageway.
Tonight the West Ilsley northbound entry and exit slips and the A4185 Chilton northbound exit slip will be closed.
Tomorrow, the West Ilsley northbound entry slip will be closed and on Friday the East Ilsley southbound entry slip and Chieveley/Beedon northbound exit slip will be shut.
And from Friday, a lane closure will be in place on the southbound carriageway overnight between West Ilsley and Milton so drainage maintenance can be carried out for nine weekday nights.
All closures are between 10pm and 6am.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year