BURGLARS have now tried to break into Millets Farm three times this month.
There was an attempted burglary at the Frilford centre last night following attempts on Friday, August 1, and Thursday, August 14, Thames Valley Police has said.
In the first crime, they tried to take a large safe from the farm shop at 1.50am but ran off when they were spotted by a witness.
Thames Valley Police has not yet released details about the other two.
Police said the crimes come as Steventon Sports Club was broken into between 1am and 4am on August 14 and a cash register and safe stolen.
Kingswell Hotel and Restaurant in Harwell was targeted on Tuesday, August 19, between 12am and 1.40am.
A hotel guest had seen a man wearing a balaclava and heard banging noises but nothing was stolen.
Police spokeswoman Merryn Hockday said: "We are currently investigating a crime series where businesses are being broken into in order to steal the safes within."
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay