MORE than 3,000 people enjoyed a blooming great time at the Flowers@Oxford festival at Lady Margaret Hall’s Norham Gardens over the weekend.
Sixty people showed off their skills in competitions like table decorating and more than 500 cut flower exhibits were on display from Friday to Sunday.
Organiser Judith Blacklock said: “This is the second time I have run the event but the last one was near Milton Keynes.
“Oxford has the edge because it is so central and because the people are so friendly.
“This was a show demonstrating the cut flower and what you can do with it.
“Every part of the college was filled with flowers.”
Mrs Blacklock, an author of 12 books and editor of The Flower Arranger Magazine, said she hopes to return next year if there is enough interest in the event.
She said: “Everyone thought it was the most wonderful show and thought it was fantastic.
“There was so much to do and the weather was kind.
“We had demonstrations running at all times and I would say we had at least 500 pieces over the three days.
“There were demonstrations by international designers, and British ones, too.
“It was absolutely tremendous.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street