A MAN has been arrested over an aggravated burglary at a Tesco Express shop in Witney.
A spokeswoman for Thames Valley Police said officers were called to the store in Cogges Hill Road at about 7.15pm on Saturday after two men threatened staff and made off with an amount of cash.
It is believed the men stole £750 in cash and lottery tickets worth £650 from a till staffed by an employee who had only been working there for about a week.
Police later arrested a 22-year-old man from Witney on suspicion of aggravated burglary and he was being held in custody yesterday.
A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance Service said an ambulance was sent to the scene at about 7.15pm but nobody required hospital treatment.
A spokesman for Tesco said: “We are aware of an incident which took place at our store in Cogges Hill Road in Witney.
“Store colleagues are helping the police with their investigation.”
Police also confirmed a window had been smashed at the store in the early hours of July 29 but said it was too early to link the incidents.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech