A man has been arrested in connection with an aggravated burglary at the Tesco Express in Cogges Hill Road, Witney, last night.
A spokeswoman for Thames Valley Police said officers were called at about 7.15pm after two men threatened staff and made off with cash.
A 22-year-old man from Witney was later arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary and is being held in police custody.
Investigations are continuing and anyone with information should contact police on 101.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon