A man has been arrested in connection with an aggravated burglary at the Tesco Express in Cogges Hill Road, Witney, last night.
A spokeswoman for Thames Valley Police said officers were called at about 7.15pm after two men threatened staff and made off with cash.
A 22-year-old man from Witney was later arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary and is being held in police custody.
Investigations are continuing and anyone with information should contact police on 101.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community