A man has been arrested in connection with an aggravated burglary at the Tesco Express in Cogges Hill Road, Witney, last night.
A spokeswoman for Thames Valley Police said officers were called at about 7.15pm after two men threatened staff and made off with cash.
A 22-year-old man from Witney was later arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary and is being held in police custody.
Investigations are continuing and anyone with information should contact police on 101.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year