A university league table company has said more universities than ever are now charging maximum tuition fees under rules introduced in 2010.
The Complete University Guide has said more than three-quarters charge £9,000 each year for all undergraduate courses – up from half last year.
In the city, both Oxford Brookes University and Oxford University charge the maximum amount to students from within the European Union, including the UK. Both charge significantly more to those outside the EU.
Complete University Guide author Dr Bernard Kingston said: “The number of universities in England and Wales imposing the full home fee has risen sharply over the past year."
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech