A university league table company has said more universities than ever are now charging maximum tuition fees under rules introduced in 2010.
The Complete University Guide has said more than three-quarters charge £9,000 each year for all undergraduate courses – up from half last year.
In the city, both Oxford Brookes University and Oxford University charge the maximum amount to students from within the European Union, including the UK. Both charge significantly more to those outside the EU.
Complete University Guide author Dr Bernard Kingston said: “The number of universities in England and Wales imposing the full home fee has risen sharply over the past year."
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon