A university league table company has said more universities than ever are now charging maximum tuition fees under rules introduced in 2010.
The Complete University Guide has said more than three-quarters charge £9,000 each year for all undergraduate courses – up from half last year.
In the city, both Oxford Brookes University and Oxford University charge the maximum amount to students from within the European Union, including the UK. Both charge significantly more to those outside the EU.
Complete University Guide author Dr Bernard Kingston said: “The number of universities in England and Wales imposing the full home fee has risen sharply over the past year."
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay