A university league table company has said more universities than ever are now charging maximum tuition fees under rules introduced in 2010.
The Complete University Guide has said more than three-quarters charge £9,000 each year for all undergraduate courses – up from half last year.
In the city, both Oxford Brookes University and Oxford University charge the maximum amount to students from within the European Union, including the UK. Both charge significantly more to those outside the EU.
Complete University Guide author Dr Bernard Kingston said: “The number of universities in England and Wales imposing the full home fee has risen sharply over the past year."
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year