COUNCILLORS have agreed to give away land in Carterton and Long Hanborough.
West Oxfordshire District Council’s cabinet yesterday voted to transfer land at Blackthorn Green in Shilton Park, Carterton, to Carterton Town Council.
It will allow continued use of the land as a play area and public open space.
Long Hanborough Methodist Church has also taken over a small plot next to the site so it can build a side extension.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community