STUDENTS opening GCSE results today can tap into free careers information at Oxford’s Westgate Centre.
The Oxfordshire Apprentice service pop-up ApprenticeShop is outside Vision Express today, tomorrow and Saturday.
Part of a series of roadshows around the county, it will give young people, parents and carers details of apprenticeships available.
Young people will also be able to find out how apprenticeships could lead to careers in catering, fashion design, motorsport engineering and many other sectors.
The pop-up shops will also be looking to recruit businesses, with employers interested in taking on apprentices invited to visit the shops and find out more.
The Westgate Centre ApprenticeShop will be open from 10am to 4pm today and tomorrow and 10am to 1pm on Saturday.
The next ApprenticeShop will open at Castle Quay Shopping Centre in Banbury from August 28 to 30, while the final one is at Didcot’s Orchard Centre from September 4 to 6.
Information is also available by visiting the website www.oxfordshireapprenticeships.co.uk or www.facebook.com/OxfordshireApprenticeships There were almost 4,500 new apprenticeship starts across the county last year, making it a record year.
Paddy Patterson, of Oxfordshire Apprenticeships from Oxfordshire County Council's Economy and Skills team, said: “There’s never been a better time for young people or businesses to have a look at how they could benefit from the apprenticeship scheme.
“There is a wider choice of good quality, local apprenticeships than ever before, so whatever you’re interested in, there should be one to suit you.
“We have visits from young people who are interested in current vacancies, or who just want to find out more about what an apprenticeship entails.”
Andrew Smith, MP said: “I greatly welcome this ApprenticeShop initiative. Apprenticeships can open up great opportunities for young people and the more information they and their families have about what is available the better.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Latest Business news:
- Oxfordshire businesses give Sir Richard Branson food for thought
- Ex-science minister says leaving EU would be "backward step" for Oxford
- Lawyer's brush with death inspired new funding network
- Travelodge say there is room for growth in Oxfordshire
- Discount retailer will create 50 new jobs with new Bicester store
- Luxury leather firm sees bags of potential amongst women