More than a quarter of Oxford mums are the breadwinners in their families with 27 per cent contributing more than 50 per cent to their household’s income.
However, this is far below the UK average of 43 per cent of mothers being the chief earners, a poll from Engage Mutual Assurance said.
Head of customer services Dianne Verity said: “Forget yummy mummies, what we have is a nation of savvy mummies. They are not only breadwinners for their families, but are also making key financial decisions for their households and it is time that financial service providers recognised that.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech