GREAT British Bake Off star Kimberley Wilson showed off her cooking skills at the Banbury Food Fair on Sunday.
The baker, who was a runner up in the 2013 series, showed the crowds how to create tasty treats.
As well as Ms Wilson, celebrity chef Brian Turner, of Ready Steady Cook, Saturday Kitchen and Daily Cooks Challenge fame, signed copies of his book and posed for photographs.
Banbury’s Flower and Produce Show – sponsored by former town mayor and businesswoman Rosemarie Higham – also ran alongside the Food Fair.
Fruit, vegetables, flowers, jams, cakes and craft items were submitted by local producers and entered into six categories and 93 classes.
Woodstock based Sophie Rogers, left, from Riverford Organics
After the judges had given their verdicts, the entries went on public display and attracted hundreds of admirers.
The Food Fair was organised by Banbury Town Council and town mayor Sean Woodcock said: “The Food Fair is good for the town and attracts thousands of people.
“Last year’s Food Fair attracted around 12,000 visitors and this year – with more stalls, more demonstrations, and more to eat and drink.
“I think the event is busier than ever.”
Baker Tim Bennett, above, of Palace Cuisine in Witney, had a stall at the event.
He said: “We nearly ran out of Banbury Cakes – we only had a few bags left.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street