Work for the Frideswide Square redevelopment in Oxford will start on Monday, September 1, Oxfordshire County Council has confirmed.
The first part of the work will be the installation of a mini-roundabout.
Work on changes to Becket Street, Osney Lane and the Worcester Street junction with George Street will start later that month and finish early December.
The redesign of the square – which involves removing the traffic lights and installing three roundabouts – is expected to run until December 2015.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community