Work for the Frideswide Square redevelopment in Oxford will start on Monday, September 1, Oxfordshire County Council has confirmed.
The first part of the work will be the installation of a mini-roundabout.
Work on changes to Becket Street, Osney Lane and the Worcester Street junction with George Street will start later that month and finish early December.
The redesign of the square – which involves removing the traffic lights and installing three roundabouts – is expected to run until December 2015.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes