Connor Tremble's flatmate tells court: ‘I can still hear his screams’

Connor Tremble

Connor Tremble

First published in News Oxford Mail: Photograph of the Author by , Senior reporter. Call me on (01865) 425373

THE flatmate of Connor Tremble said he still hears his friend’s screams in his head after he found the fatally-stabbed teen.

Kyle Martin was staying with the 17-year-old on February 13 and yesterday he gave evidence in Oxford Crown Court.

The 20-year-old said at about 6.30pm he was woken up by the sound of Connor screaming and immediately hid in the bathroom and called 999.

He told prosecutor Richard Barton he found his friend covered in blood and lying in the lounge near the door of his flat in Fairacres Road, Oxford.

Mr Martin said: “I remember seeing the shadow of a leg leaving the house, but I don’t know if that was in my head or if it was my brain playing tricks on me.”

Mr Barton asked him: “When you went into the bathroom was the screaming still going on?”

The witness replied: “It’s still going in my head now, so I don’t know.”

Will Blencowe, of Oxford Road, Banbury, admits stabbing Connor but denies murder. He claims he acted in self defence and was suffering from a mental condition at the time.

But the prosecution alleges the 21-year-old was jealous and resentful after finding out the teenager was seeing his former partner Aimee Harrison, 20.

Mr Martin said when he found out about Connor’s interest in Blencowe’s ex-girlfriend he became angry and warned him against it.

He said: “I had a go at him and told him to stay away from her. I pushed him up against a wall.

“I knew who she was and who her ex-partner was.

“I had heard stories about him and I told Connor what he was like.”

Asked what he meant by this, Mr Martin replied: “He’s not a nice guy.”

Earlier in the day Zak Perry, a mutual friend of Connor Tremble and Blencowe, was cross examined by the barrister for Blencowe’s co defendant, Bradley Jones.

Graham Logan, defending, suggested to him that evidence he gave on Wednesday about Jones telling Mr Perry he had seen the knife used to stab Connor was untrue.

The barrister said: “There was nothing about a knife or anything of that nature, was there?”

Mr Perry replied: “Yes there was.”

Mr Logan added that evidence about Jones saying Blencowe’s only regret was he had not watched Connor die was also false, which the witness also denied.

Jones, 21, of New Road, Bledington, and Grant Clemens, 23, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh, are also on trial and both deny perverting the course of justice.

The trial continues.

  • Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? We are running a service covering this trial as well as our normal News and Sport services. Text CONNOR or NEWS or SPORT or a combination of all three depending on which services you want, plus your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.

Our top stories

Woman raped in Headington flat

Oxford Mail: Thames Valley Police logo

3:24pm Saturday 20th September 2014

A WOMAN was followed into a Headington flat and raped this morning. 

Police manhunt after teenager raped in city centre

Oxford Mail:

11:57am Saturday 20th September 2014

A TEENAGER was raped in central Oxford this morning by a man she met in a nightclub.

Referendum vote gives PM a spring in his step

Oxford Mail:

9:30am Saturday 20th September 2014

WITNEY MP David Cameron has congratulated the people of Burford for organising a mock “referendum” on the issue of Scottish independence – but has admitted he was more relieved to find out the result of the actual poll.

Oxford United Wright issues warning

Oxford Mail:

9:30am Saturday 20th September 2014

Jake Wright believes it will be key for Oxford United to avoid getting dragged into a physical contest if they are to build on a midweek win when Stevenage visit today.

It's off - three-day city festival is cancelled

Oxford Mail:

9:00am Saturday 20th September 2014

A THREE-day festival set to take place on Oxford’s South Park next weekend has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales and rumours that one of its big name stars had pulled out.

Google wipes search results for 20 people's convictions after just one person's 'Right To Be Forgotten' request

Oxford Mail:

8:40am Saturday 20th September 2014

THE convictions of 20 people have been wiped from Google search results because of a single complaint in the latest controversy caused by a controversial European privacy ruling.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree