Accused’s only regret was ‘not watching victim die’

Bradley Jones

Bradley Jones

First published in Oxford Mail: Photograph of the Author by , Senior reporter. Call me on (01865) 425373

THE only thing Will Blencowe regrets is not watching Connor Tremble bleed to death, one of his friends allegedly said.

The claim was made in Oxford Crown Court yesterday by a mutual friend of Blencowe, 21, and the teenager he fatally stabbed on February 13.

Friend Zak Perry, 21, said after the incident he was in contact with Bradley Jones, who denies perverting the course of justice by helping Blencowe avoid arrest.

Answering questions from prosecutor Richard Barton, Mr Perry alleged Jones told him: “The only thing (Blencowe) regrets is not watching (Connor) bleed to death.”

He also claimed Jones, 21, of New Road, Bledington, said he was shown the knife used in the stabbing, which still had blood on it.

Mr Perry also gave evidence about phone calls he received from Blencowe, who denies murder, on the day the 17-year-old was stabbed.

He said he got a call at about 6pm from his “desperate’’ sounding friend, who wanted to know if his ex-girlfriend Aimee Harrison was sleeping with Connor.

Mr Perry said he told him it wasn’t true, but eventually said “go make a fool of yourself’’ and gave directions to Connor’s address in Fairacres Road, Oxford.

The witness added that Blencowe, of Oxford Road, Banbury, sounded “happy’’ when he called him back shortly after Connor was stabbed. He told the jury: “He (Blencowe) said ‘it’s done, it’s all sorted, my life needs nothing’.

“I just assumed that he had got the answer he wanted, that it wasn’t true, that it was all lies.’’ But he said he was “distraught’’ when he discovered what had really happened.

Mr Perry added: “I had given the person who had just gone to my best mate’s house and stabbed him at the address.’’ Evidence was also given by Ben Harris, who said he slept with Miss Harrison in October last year, after her relationship with Blencowe ended.

He described how her ex-boyfriend Blencowe assaulted him on two occasions inside the Bitter and Twisted pub in Chipping Norton, where Mr Harris worked as a chef.

Mr Harris said despite this, and a number of abusive and threatening text messages from Blencowe, he did not make a statement to police.

Asked why he said: “I just didn’t want it to go on and I knew if I pressed charges it would probably just make him more angry and worse.’’ But he said he did speak to Connor about what had happened when he learned the teenager had started seeing Miss Harrison.

He said: “I told Connor the situation, what had happened to me and I told him just to watch out.’’ Grant Clemens, 23, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh, is also on trial and also denies perverting the course of justice.

The trial continues.

Our top stories

Flooded out pensioners given only £25 a week in expenses

Oxford Mail:

7:00am Saturday 30th May 2015

TWO pensioners flooded out of their home in Normandy Crescent have been given just £25 a week by Thames Water to cover their expenses.

County police and fire service could share sites to help save cash

Oxford Mail:

6:30am Saturday 30th May 2015

POLICE and fire service staff could share office buildings under new plans put forward for “blue light” services in the county.

Didcot power tower demolition confirmed for 2016 as protesters arrive

Oxford Mail:

6:30am Saturday 30th May 2015

PROTESTERS started to descend on Didcot yesterday ahead of a demonstration against government plans to build 30 new gas-fired power stations.

‘Affordable NHS housing will help to ease staff shortages’ says chief nurse

Oxford Mail:

6:00am Saturday 30th May 2015

AFFORDABLE housing for workers at one of the county’s hospital trusts is one of its biggest issues as it battles staff shortages, a chief nurse has warned.

Aerial troupe perform ‘striking’ display at Oxford Castle Quarter

Oxford Mail:

6:00am Saturday 30th May 2015

THE historic buildings of Oxford Castle Quarter were lit up for a breathtaking display by French aerial dancers – and that was just the rehearsal.

Rising cost of delayed tower blocks revamp will top £20m

Oxford Mail:

8:30am Friday 29th May 2015

A MULTI-million pound project to refurbish Oxford’s five tower blocks could be delayed by almost a year.

 

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree