WOULD you fancy enjoying breakfast in this impressive Victorian banquet hall?
Or perhaps you would like to stay in one of Oxford’s historic college dorm rooms?
- Keble College and domestic bursar Nick French
Keble College is one of the University of Oxford’s colleges to open its doors to guests and tourists over the summer.
Now its students are away on holiday, the college is offering its 300 rooms up for rent.
A single ensuite room with a view of the quad will cost £65 a night and a double with a similar view will cost £95. Guests get bed-and-breakfast, internet access, and access to the college bar.
Visitors can also dine in the dining hall on evenings at 7pm prompt at a cost of £22 per head.
Keble College’s domestic bursar Nick French said: “We will always be delighted to welcome visitors who want to come and explore Oxford and enjoy its historic surroundings.”
University rooms spokeswoman Angela Southall said: “Staying in an Oxford university in the summer is one of the UK’s best-kept secrets – stay in historic, culturally fascinating surroundings, meet some of the most interesting people you’ll ever meet and all for a fraction of the cost of a hotel.”
For information visit universityrooms.com
- Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit