WOULD you fancy enjoying breakfast in this impressive Victorian banquet hall?
Or perhaps you would like to stay in one of Oxford’s historic college dorm rooms?
- Keble College and domestic bursar Nick French
Keble College is one of the University of Oxford’s colleges to open its doors to guests and tourists over the summer.
Now its students are away on holiday, the college is offering its 300 rooms up for rent.
A single ensuite room with a view of the quad will cost £65 a night and a double with a similar view will cost £95. Guests get bed-and-breakfast, internet access, and access to the college bar.
Visitors can also dine in the dining hall on evenings at 7pm prompt at a cost of £22 per head.
Keble College’s domestic bursar Nick French said: “We will always be delighted to welcome visitors who want to come and explore Oxford and enjoy its historic surroundings.”
University rooms spokeswoman Angela Southall said: “Staying in an Oxford university in the summer is one of the UK’s best-kept secrets – stay in historic, culturally fascinating surroundings, meet some of the most interesting people you’ll ever meet and all for a fraction of the cost of a hotel.”
For information visit universityrooms.com
- Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech