MORE than £1m could be given to support Oxfordshire’s rural economy if a bid is successful.
The county’s Local Action Group, made up of private and public sector representatives, will bid for at least £1.2 million from Defra and the European Union.
The group also wants opinions on its draft rural development funding strategy which says how the money would benefit the county.
To view the strategy and have your say on how the money could be used visit southernoxfordshireleader.org.uk The consultation will end on August 22 before the strategy is submitted early next month.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year