THE row over a supposedly smelly fish and chip van in Broad Street is typical Oxford.
Recently we’ve had complaints about noise from a mortuary in Abingdon Road, objections to a brightly coloured cash machine and fast food vans too close to schools. The latest dispute about the Goujon Monkey van seems rather petty in its nature.
Of course we don’t want to put off any shoppers and visitors coming to the city.
But they may also want to sample some of Oxford’s culinary delights including traditional fish and chips.
Hopefully some common sense will prevail and the decision made tomorrow night keeps everyone happy.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech