ENGINEERS from BT have said they are working as quickly as possible to reconnect their customers who were affected by a crash last night.
A Vauxhall Corsa crashed into a cabinet in Swinbrook Road, Carterton, yesterday at 10.42pm leaving 100 BT broadband users disconnected.
BT spokesman Paul Hayward said: “We need to replace the cabinet shell and then begin to reconnect those affected. We are doing all we can to complete this as quickly as possible.”
A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and drink driving and has been bailed until September 13.
- Were you affected by the telephone outage? Call the newsdesk on 01865 425444.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5