An electric fan sparked a blaze at the Mal Maison hotel this afternoon.
Six fire engines were sent to the New Road building when the fire started at about 3pm.
Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue spokesman Sam Henry said the blaze was caused by an electric fan and firefighters used dry powder to put the flames out.
There was another fire this morning in a sawdust hopper at a woodworking firm in Kingston Bagpuize.
The small blaze started in the 5m high container at about 9.50am at the D Smith Joiners site in the Rectory Lane trading estate.
Firefighters used a ladder and a hose reel to put it out.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
11:20am Monday 28th July 2014
What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.
Our top stories
5:00pm Tuesday 5th May 2015
A MAN trapped under a fallen tree was taken to hospital after being rescued by fire crews this morning.
2:49pm Tuesday 5th May 2015
HARCOURT Arboretum should be open tomorrow after closing today because of strong winds.
2:24pm Tuesday 5th May 2015
A GIRL missing from Milton Keynes could be in the Oxford area, police said.
11:14am Tuesday 5th May 2015
POLICE have released images of a stolen Land Rover almost two months after it was taken.
12:16am Tuesday 5th May 2015
A FIRE at the Kassam Stadium is being treated by police as suspected arson.
9:00am Tuesday 5th May 2015
Michael Appleton is confident Oxford United’s strong form at the end of the season can be translated into prolonged success across the whole of the next campaign.